Our counsellors always practice in an ethical and professional manner consistent with the Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions (2018) set out by BACP. Our recruitment process is thorough and is followed up with a robust induction programme.
The standards we expect of our counsellors is likely to be a mix of the following criteria:
- Membership of BACP, BABCP, BPS, COSCA or UKCP
- Training in workplace counselling and experience of working in organisations
- Over 450 hours of counselling experience (post qualification)
- A minimum of a Diploma in Counselling
- Experience and understanding of short-term or time-limited brief
- A minimum of 1.5 hours of supervision per month with a qualified counselling supervisor
- Continual Professional Development
- At least 40 hours of personal therapy
- Accreditation by BACP or equivalent
- Training in cognitive-behavioural therapy and solution-focused therapy
- Knowledge of systems theory and organisational culture
- Some knowledge of service management
- Training in trauma support, group diffusing or critical incident management
Our work as counsellors involves supporting clients to consider the issues they are facing in order to make independent decisions.
Our counsellors specialise in many areas including:
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Critical incidents
- Serious mental health
We have direct access to other experts in a range of specialist fields. We create an inter-face that allows managers to manage difficult situations in an informed way whilst supporting staff in a confidential & emotionally safe manner.
NOSS works to the BACP standards to which all counselling and psychotherapy services aspire, underpinned by the requirements of our own Service Accreditation. These standards give a guide to individuals and organisations in terms of best practise and ensure the highest of service standards -further details of what BACP Membership and Accreditation as a service can be found on the BACP website .